For those that haven’t looked at a calendar in a few weeks, today is Wednesday, April 1st. APRIL FOOLS’ DAY! Now more than ever, we could all use a good laugh. Here are some harmless pranks you can play on your loved ones while you’re stuck at home today.
For your family at home
- Switch around the bags inside of a few cereal boxes. Nothing worse than getting Raisin Bran when you were intending to pour Fruity Pebbles!
- Squeeze some food coloring in your kid’s cereal bowl and pour the cereal over it. When the milk is poured in, it’ll look a little different than usual!
- Trick them in the shower by blocking the opening to their shampoo! Just unscrew the cap, place a piece of plastic wrap over the hole, and screw the cap back on.
- Stuff socks or tissues in their shoes to throw them off as they’re heading outside to burn off that quarantine energy.
- Make your kids think you made them brownies! Cut out a few letter E’s out of brown paper, put them in a baking pan under foil, and holler for your kids to come dig in.
- Do your kids have toy bugs? Freeze them inside ice cubes and place them in your kid’s drink.
- While making dinner, mix up some wacky ingredients on a spoon and tell your partner or kid you’d like them to taste test what you’re cooking.
For family and friends while communicating virtually
- Send a GIF of the typing dots to some friends and family. They’ll be wondering what you could possibly be writing for so long!
- During a video chat, move your lips and make animated expressions like you’re telling a wild story. They’ll think the sound cut out!
- Subscribe your friend to an email list they’d never subscribe to. They’ll be pretty confused when they start receiving emails about raising livestock or starting a coin collection.
April Fools’ Day is a great opportunity for us to spice things up at home as each day is feeling similar to the last. In this challenging time, no one needs any more stress so make sure you keep your pranks light-hearted and fun. Let us know in the comments if you used any of these pranks or if you came up with anything else!