Maybe you have a lot of leftovers from Easter dinner on your hands. Maybe you need a little something different and simple to throw on the table for dinner, or a new brunch recipe for all things spring. This quiche recipe covers you for all of these situations.
I found myself with a lot of leftovers after Easter dinner and desperately wanted to use them up in different ways. I’m consistently trying to minimize food waste through meal planning and this recipe hit the spot. Here’s what you’ll need to throw this together:
Ham, Cheese and Roasted Asparagus Quiche
- 1 Pie Crust
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chopped/cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 12 asparagus spears
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop the white ends off the asparagus and spray a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the asparagus evenly across the tray.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- While the asparagus roasts, roll out your pie crust and place into a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 8 eggs. Add the milk and whisk together.
- Chop the ham and asparagus spears into small pieces.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture into the uncooked pie crust.
- Sprinkle the ham and asparagus pieces evenly throughout the egg/milk mixture.
- Top the uncooked quiche with the shredded cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375 degrees.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. The quiche is done when it is golden brown on top and the middle doesn't jiggle when you gently shake the pie dish.
- Slice and enjoy!