It’s hard to believe that we’ve reached the tail end of summer already. The days are getting shorter and school is starting in the next couple weeks but there’s still time to get out and have some (socially-distant) fun!
Our contributor team has been out and about in Central Mass with their families and wanted to share their favorite spots and activities!
All of these suggestions involve outdoor spaces where social-distancing measures are prioritized! In the winter, we’ll all be complaining about being stuck inside so pick from this list and squeeze in some fun with your family while the warm weather is still here.
10 Activities to Squeeze into the End of Summer
- Pick your own flowers at Ferjulian’s in Hudson and pick up some fresh produce from their farm stand.
- Take a walk on the Mass Central Rail Trail. Start at the trailhead in West Boylston and follow along the Quinapoxet River.
- Get ice cream for dinner at Rota Springs Farm in Sterling, Erikson’s in Maynard, or Great Brook Dairy Farm in Carlisle. They all have excellent signage and spaced-out lines.
- Visit Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston. They are finishing up August’s fairy theme and moving into a mythical creatures theme for September.
- Check out your local parks for some spacious outdoor playtime and a picnic. Central Park in Clinton, Green Hill Park in Worcester, and Ghiloni Park in Marlborough – to name a few!
- Head to Mendon to visit the Southwick’s Zoo. Book tickets ahead of time to explore the zoo on foot or make a reservation for their Zoofari to tour the zoo from your car.
- Hike around Tully Lake with a stop at Doanes Falls in Royalston. Better yet, book a campground at Tully Lake for a night or two away from home.
- Explore Eagle Lake in Holden or other Mass Audobon Wildlife Sanctuaries.
- Do some fruit picking at Tougas Farm in Northborough, Honey Pot Hill Orchards in Stow, or Nashoba Winery in Bolton. Blueberry season is finishing up but peach and apple season are upon us!
- While you’re at Nashoba Winery, grab some food at J’s Restaurant and sample some of Nashoba’s wine, beer, or spirits. Stone Cow Brewery in Barre, Wachusett Brewing Company in Westminster, and Bull Spit Brewing in Lancaster are great places to grab food and an adult beverage outside.
Let us know when you check these activities out and tag @centralmassmom on social media!